Who doesn’t love a good barbeque in the summer? Summer and Fall are filled with tons of outdoor events and get-togethers. I love making something yummy for any occasion, but let’s face it – with tiny tots running around it isn’t always convenient to slave in the kitchen for hours. This is why I came up with these yummy quick recipes. No menu is complete without a quick, easy and delicious recipes. It will have everyone asking you for your recipe by the end of your barbeque.
Adding a Fresh Taste to Watermelon
This Recipe is super easy and refreshing and just screams summer time.
I usually a tablespoon measurer to scoop out the watermelon, you can also cut the watermelon into cubes which ever you prefer, fill a large bowl.
Next add about ¼ cup of fresh mint.
Mix this in the bowl and add – lots and lots of lime juice!
You can also add some feta to this this for some extra zesty flavor.
Tomato Capri Skewers
- Cherry Tomatoes cut
- Balsamic glaze
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Mozzarella
Cut your cherry tomatoes into halves.
Add one side of the cherry tomato onto you skewer and add some basil, then your mozzarella, more basil and top the end off with the other half of the tomato. Finish by drizzling some balsamic glaze onto your skewers. This is one of those sides that can work all year round.
- 2 can Black Beans – rinsed and drained
- 2 Can Frozen or Fresh corn
- ¼ of a large red onion cut up
- 1 pack of cherry tomatoes cut in halves
- 1 Avacado
- Cilatantro for flavoring
- Lots of lime juice
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
Add everything to large mix and serve.
Pesto Pasta Salad
– I love this recipe because it can be served chilled.
- 1 box Penne
- I like to use a least 2 cups of Pesto Sauce (fresh or from the Jar)
- 1 pack cherry tomatoes cut in halves
- Fresh mozzarella usually I just use one pack.
- Parmesan cheese
Cook one box of pasta, drain and let cool off. In a large bowl add the cooked pasta, pesto, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella. Top it off with some parmesan cheese and enjoy.
Cheese Steak Dip
– Who doesn’t love this dip. It is an awesome tasty treat that you can bring with you to any event all year round! I have made this recipe as easy as possible. This is a great side to bring paired with chips to any football party.
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Italian cheese mix
- ½ pound roast beef
- ½ cup Italian Dressing
- ½ an onion chopped up
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Mushrooms if desired.
In a medium sauce pan add the onions and sauté at the bottom of the pan until cooked and slightly soft and browned. Next add the cheeses until they melted. After the cheese is melted you can add the roast beef and bring your flame to medium or low and cook for about 5 minutes. You can then add the mayonnaise and Italian dressing and cook on low for an additional 5-10 minutes. You can always taste test! Add this to a bowel and add your favorite corn chips. This is a great treat to any event and you will defiantly be asked for the recipe.